Note: Bookmark this page. I am going to be continually updating this with information as I get it in.
Mostly because I am excited for the upcoming Delray Beach Craft Beer Fest, coming up on Friday, May 8th.
There are a lot, and I do mean a lot, of breweries from around the state that will be represented. Some of which I still haven’t tried yet, so I’m pretty excited about that. The Beer Fest web site has a nice rundown of the breweries that will be there. As for who is bringing what beers, that’s what I’m trying to find out for you. Here’s what I have found out so far:
- BrewHub will be represented with offerings from Golf Beer Co. and KeyBilly.
- Lagerhead Brewing will have:
- Session IPA
- Coffeepot Porter
- Honey Blonde
- Honey Blonde treated with jalapeno and basil.
- Miami’s Descarga Brewing will be bringing:
- Fuki Fuki (a mango saison with peat-smoked malts)
- Saison Compeleta (hoppy honey saison)
- Ducha de Oro (Belgian Golden Strong Ale)
- Orange Blossom Brewing Co. will be with their standards (in pretty new cans, too!)
- South Florida stalwart Funky Buddha will be there with:
- Wild Oak, a new brewery in Palm Beach County that’s been generating a lot of buzz, is going to be there with Some awesome stuff:
- Blu-Tang Clan (Ain’t Nuthing to Funk Wit) is a 7% ABV American Wild Ale that was first fermented with Lactobacillus and Brettanomyces, then aged with additions of blueberry and passionfruit
- Grape and Pillage is a 7.2% ABV American Wild Ale with white grapes, barrel aged in French Oak
- Brett the Farm is a 6.5% ABV pale ale, 100% brewed with brettanomyces
- Finally, there will be bottles of Dark Tranquility, an 8.3% wild stout aged in Rye Whiskey barrels
- Tampa’s Coppertail Brewing will be there with their four core beers:
- Islamorada Beer Co. will be arriving with some of their standards. Stand by, because there should be some fun stuff from them coming soon.
- Holy Waters will also be there, bringing:
- Session Pale Ale
- ENVY Chocolate Malt Pale Ale
- TKF (Tijuana Knife Fight), a spicy Mexican Celebration Porter
- GREED Ameri-Koln Ale
- Double English Brown
- SaltWater Brewery, where I found out about this event, will be there with a few things:
- Screamin’ Reels
- South End
- Vanilla Oak Dry Hopped South End
- Tinc’d Out Turtle
- Sea Cow w/ Randall
- Guava Don’t Get Confused
- Oh, and they are also going to have a pre-party at the brewery featuring kegs of Grapefruit Screamin’ Reels, Don’t Get Stung (Stinger and Don’t Get Confused Blend), Green Bench Brewery’s Wild Heart (Brett Pale Ale w/ Galaxy Hops), plus Funky Buddha’s More Moro Blood Orange IPA
Don’t worry; there’s a lot more than this to come. If you see me, swing by and say hi! Have fun!
Drink (lots of) Florida Craft,